Mission and Values
The Church of the Nazarene is a Protestant Christian church in the Wesleyan-Holiness tradition. Organized in 1908, the Church is now home to more than 2.5 million members worshiping in over 31,000 local congregations in 162 world areas.
We confess the historic Christian faith…
· That God is triune, revealed as Father, Son and Holy Spirit;
· That Jesus is the only begotten Son of God. He was born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilot, was crucified and buried, on the third day he rose from the dead, ascended into heaven and will one day return in glory.
· That the Holy Spirit is ever present and active in the Church.
· That the Scriptures are inspired by God, revealing everything necessary for salvation.
· That all men are sinners in need of salvation and that salvation is received by grace through faith in Jesus Christ.
· That God calls us to be like him while in this world and that he makes it possible to be Holy through the transforming presence of the Holy Spirit.
· We celebrate the grace of God through the sacraments of Baptism and Holy Communion.
This local congregation was founded in 1907. We are multi-generational, ministering to a wide range of ages and needs. We are multi-cultural, saying NO to the artificial divisions within society and saying YES to loving relationships with people from a wide range of backgrounds. We are community-oriented, actively looking for ways to serve our neighbors. Feel free to contact me if you have questions about our church. We look forward to getting to know you and working with you to make this part of Chattanooga a lovely place!
-Pastor Eric Johnson